Information Collection and How it is Used
- WeAreTrades.com collects personal information when you register with WeAreTrades.com to use WeAreTrades.com services or to post content on WeAreTrades.com.
- When you register we ask for your email address, your name, your address, and certain information about your academic and/or work background.
- When you register we will also ask for information pertaining to your skillset, whether or not you belong to a union and if so the name of that union, language(s) spoken, and the amount of hours you are endeavoring to work.
- WeAreTrades.com automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie, and the page you request.
- WeAreTrades.com uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when you register with WeAreTrades.com.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- To tailor advertising based on geographic area or other information derived from your IP address. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting WeAreTrades.com from specific geographical regions.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
- If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use WeAreTrades.com products or services that require you to “sign in” and you may not be able to take full advantage of the WeAreTrades.com service.
- WeAreTrades.com uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Access your information when you “sign in.”
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using WeAreTrades.com’s services.
- Display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on WeAreTrades.com.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve WeAreTrades.com’s content and services.
- WeAreTrades.com lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other entities’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, and not this one. Advertisers or other entities do not have access to WeAreTrades.com’s cookies.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- WeAreTrades.com may share demographic information with business partners, such as “25% of users who regularly use WeAreTrades.WeAreTrades.com reside in the city of Mississauga” or something similar. No personally identifiable information will ever be used without obtaining your permission (i.e. we will ask you for a quote or testimonial).
- WeAreTrades.com does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested or when we have your permission.
- If you agree to share your information with employers, they will have access to the information you provide during registration.
Editing and Deleting Account Information
- You can change your WeAreTrades.com Account Information at any time.
- We may send you certain communications relating to the WeAreTrades.com service, such as service announcements and administrative messages that are considered part of your WeAreTrades.com account.
- You may request to delete your WeAreTrades.com account at any time by logging in or contacting us directly; however, please note that your identification, billing and contact information may remain in WeAreTrades.com’s records for some period.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Your WeAreTrades.com Account Information is password-protected.