For over 20 years, Twilight Signs & Neon has been on the leading edge of research and development of new products for their customers across Canada. With their Head Office located in Bolton, Ontario, Twilight Signs & Neon offers an environment where employees focus on positive outcomes and support growth and personal development. Twilight Signs & Neon is committed to work-life balance and offers an excellent benefits package for employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare custom metal fabrications and welds.
• Experience in metal (aluminum preferred) fabrication and welding
• Skilled with power and hand tools and able to read blueprints/shop drawings
• Shape letter walls for channel letters.
• Trim cap boxes and channel letters.
• Solve complex projects needing solutions to design/engineering challenges.
• Focus on list of daily work and be conscious of minimizing downtime.
• Spend time reviewing fine details of shop drawings to ensure full understanding before starting production.
• Clean work area at the end of each workday.
• Measure times & record in job cost report by stage of operation to compare actual time required to complete stage against estimated time.
• Record and Present ideas to improve production efficiency to the Shop Foreman.
• Assemble neon letters, neon & fluorescent wiring.
• Shape, cut and sand letters when required.
• Work with repetition where once set-up a system can be followed to maximize production speed.
• Planning time before starting day/project to ensure jobs are prioritized based on production manager’s requirements.
• Report unsafe working conditions when identified.
• Work in compliance with all health and safety policies in accordance with the OHSA.
• Use or wear the equipment, protective devices or clothing outlined by Twilight Signs
• Some College/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
• 2+ years’ manufacturing experience
• 2+ years’ experience in metal (aluminum preferred) fabrication and MIG welding
• High levels of intelligence, creativity, attention to detail and problem-solving ability
• Cut, shape and fit materials to form parts and components, screw, clip, glue, bond, weld or otherwise assemble parts and components to form final products, sand trim, grind or clean products into final form using hand tools
• Ability to read technical drawings
• Speak English, read English, write English
Tagged as: English
In the position of a Superintendent, we would ask you to do the following: Provide overall construction management including design,...Apply For This Job