Pomerleau is recognized as one of Canada’s leaders in the construction industry, in the institutional, commercial, industrial and civil engineering sectors. Clients benefit from our expertise as general contractor, construction manager, project manager and design-builder.
Pomerleau believes in delivering excellence. Every Pomerleau employee upholds this value, leading to the achievement of superior results in every sector where we do business. Pomerleau: proud individuals who share a vision and are passionate about what they do.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN A WEEK? :
Under the supervision of the human resources director for construction site personnel, the superintendent must mainly see to managing the overall construction site activities.
• Determine the needs in materials and supplies;
• Establish manpower requirements;
• Supervise, coordinate, and organize work of construction site employees.
• Coordinate work of subcontractors, various specialists, and other trades;
• Establish work methods which enable respecting delivery calendars and coordinate activities with other departments;
• Solve work-related problems and recommend measures aiming at increasing productivity;
• Make sure occupational safety standards are respected and monitor them;
• Take part, along with the project manager, in the construction site start-up meeting and in preparing the detailed work schedule as well as periodic schedules if required;
• Order the materials and equipment required for construction with the procurement and logistics departments;
• Attend coordination meetings with the client and/or his representatives and inform the project manager of their content;
• Hire workers for one’s construction site in collaboration with the logistics department and inform the human resources department of the hiring;
• Train workers or ensure their training—construction site procedures, safety rules, emergency measures, etc.;
• Fill out time sheets with the list of items and send it to the human resources department;
• Receive delivered materials on the construction site according to established procedure—checking, document management, and storing;
• Evaluate logistical needs weekly, prepare requisitions, and inform the logistics department of any need according to procedures;
• Keep as-built drawings up to date;
• Perform administrative follow-ups according to established procedures;
• Verify construction site inventory—equipment, tooling, and materials—and send the information to the logistics department;
• Coordinate, along with the logistics department, construction site demobilization and transfers to be made to other sites;
• File all construction site documents according to archiving procedures;
• Hand over the construction site log book, the documents, the as-built drawings, and the annotated copies to the project manager;
• Take part in preparing the project wrap-up with the project manager.
DO YOU HAVE THESE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS? :
• Carpenter-joiner diploma or in architecture;
• 10 to 15 years’ experience in the commercial construction industry;
• Readiness for team work and planning skills;
• Proficiency in reading plans and specs;
• High level of availability and recognized leadership;
• Effective communication skills, both spoken and written;
• Mobility for various assignments in Quebec and Eastern Ontario, considered an asset.
WHY JOIN POMERLEAU`S TEAM? :
• Competitive salary• 4 weeks’ vacation• Group insurance (health spending account)• Group RRSP• Monthly public transit pass paid by employer • Fitness center membership: 50% reimbursed by employer• Employee assistance program• Ongoing training offered throughout the year• Young, dynamic environment• Excellent career opportunities• Summer hours
At Pomerleau, we focus on results-oriented, passionate and rigorous people who participate in ambitious and complex projects. You have the profile we are looking for? Apply now to be part of our team.
Only retained candidates will be contacted. We may consider your CV for other positions.
Pomerleau is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive working environment where all employees are treated fairly.