Pomerleau is recognized as one of Canada’s leaders in the construction industry, in the institutional, commercial, industrial and civil engineering sectors. Clients benefit from our expertise as general contractor, construction manager, project manager and design-builder.
Pomerleau believes in delivering excellence. Every Pomerleau employee upholds this value, leading to the achievement of superior results in every sector where we do business. Pomerleau: proud individuals who share a vision and are passionate about what they do.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN A WEEK? :
Under the supervision of the project director, the project manager for building projects ensures the comprehensive supervision and coordination of all the steps of a construction project, namely collaboration with subcontractors, close relationship with the client, and monitoring of costs and schedules.
• Coordinate work in collaboration with the superintendent—schedule, manpower and equipment requirements, etc.;
• Manage plans, specs, and addenda;
• Manage changes and instructions pertaining to project.
• Establish work methods in collaboration with the vice-president and the superintendent;
• Draw up list of activities in order to enable preparing the prevention program;
• Issue purchase orders for special construction site materials;
• Settle disputes;
• Perform breakdown and invoicing;
• Organize and conduct construction site meetings as required;
• Supervise site wrap-up manual preparation with administrative assistant and inform him about all conditions and techniques.
• Perform administrative follow-up—costs, contingencies, boards, claims, etc.;
• Perform technical follow-up—technical data sheets, inspections, etc.;
• Follow up on notices of change—estimation, bid to client, negotiation, issuance of orders and/or of contract;
• Follow up on payments with accounts payable department and accounts receivable department;
• Authorize payments to subcontractors and suppliers;
• Perform guarantee follow-up;
• Cultivate business relationships with all clients, past and present, with the future in mind;
• Coordinate preliminary inspection of the work in collaboration with the superintendent;
• Coordinate preoperational verification in collaboration with the superintendent;
• Coordinate commissioning in collaboration with superintendent;
• Deliver the project in collaboration with the superintendent and obtain client’s final acceptance;
• Obtain site wrap-up documents;
• Evaluate client’s satisfaction;
• Archive documents with administration department;
• Make sure to wrap up construction site/project adequately;
• Prepare project wrap-up—construction method, productivity ratio, unit prices, etc.
DO YOU HAVE THESE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS? :
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and in construction engineering;
• Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
• At least 5 years’ relevant experience;
• French-English bilingualism, both spoken and written, an asset;
• Strong skills in management, communication, negotiation, and problem solving;
• Ability to exercise initiative and leadership;
• High level of geographic mobility.
WHY JOIN POMERLEAU`S TEAM? :
• Competitive salary• 4 weeks’ vacation• Group insurance (health spending account)• Group RRSP• Monthly public transit pass paid by employer • Fitness center membership: 50% reimbursed by employer• Employee assistance program• Ongoing training offered throughout the year• Young, dynamic environment• Excellent career opportunities• Summer hours
At Pomerleau, we focus on results-oriented, passionate and rigorous people who participate in ambitious and complex projects. You have the profile we are looking for? Apply now to be part of our team.
Only retained candidates will be contacted. We may consider your CV for other positions.
Pomerleau is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive working environment where all employees are treated fairly.